Terms + Conditions
We welcome all members’ comments and suggestions.
- Members must present their membership card each time they visit the club. The club reserves the right to refuse entry without presentation of these items.
- Entry will be refused to anybody under the inﬂuence of drugs or alcohol.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn in the gymnasium.
- No animals are permitted in the club, other than guide dogs
- The club will open from 5pm – 10pm Monday - Thursday. 5pm – 9pm Friday. 8am – 5pm Saturday & Sunday. Last entry is 30 minutes before closing. These hours may vary on Bank Holidays and over Christmas, New Year, and Easter.
- The club reserves the right to close facilities without prior notice should the need arise. Whenever possible advanced warning will be given.
- Members may be accompanied by a maximum of one guest, paying the guest fee, at any one visit, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Club Manager.
- Only members are permitted to sign in guests.
- The club reserves the right to refuse admission to any guest.
- The club reserves the right to terminate membership without giving reason. (Refunds may be available subject to circumstances of membership termination).
Health & Safety
- Prior to using the gymnasium, a physical activity readiness questionnaire must be completed and signed. If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions asked, you will be referred to your General Practitioner for clearance before use of the gym is permitted.
- Members must accept responsibility for their guests and ensure that they abide by the terms of membership. Members must be with their guests at all times.
- Glass (including face masks made from glass) and crockery is not permitted anywhere in the club other than the reception/lounge area.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the club.
- The club management reserves the right to reject any application for membership without giving a reason.
- The club fees and tariffs shall be determined by the club and may be altered at any time. Members will be notified in advance of any changes.
- The club reserves the right to terminate the membership of any member without notice in the event of a member committing a serious breach of the clubs terms of membership.
- On cancellation or termination of membership, no refund will be made.
- All members who wish to cancel their membership must do so in writing giving 28 days notice.
- Membership cards are only for use by the member and are not transferable under any circumstances.
- Radios, cassette players, mobile phones, and other items likely to cause annoyance may not be used in the club. 2 Lockers should only be used for storage of personal belongings.
- Property is stored at the owner’s risk and the club will accept no liability for loss or damage.
- Lockers will be cleared every 24 hours and all items removed.
- The club reserves the right to dispose of any items not claimed within 4 weeks.
- The club reserves the right to amend these terms at its absolute discretion. Notification of changes will be displayed on the notice board.
All members will pay a subscription beginning when the member is accepted for membership and shall be payable either annually in advance or by monthly payments in which case it will be debited from the members bank account by monthly direct debit.
Renewal of memberships is due after completion of the initial 12 month period and subsequent 12 month periods thereafter. Members are given the option to either renew their existing membership with the Terms and Conditions set out above prevailing for further 12 month periods, change to a different membership tariff for which a new initial contract period will apply, or pay their membership fee in one annual lump sum. Where members choose to renew their existing membership, members will have the ability to cancel their membership in accordance with the cancellation clauses set out in these Terms and Conditions. Please note that the continuance of monthly payments to Palms Leisure Club will constitute the renewal of the membership at the prevailing rate in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Data Protection Act
- We take the privacy of our members seriously. This statement explains the ways in which we use your personal information. If you have any queries with regard to our processing please contact us.
- We collect personal information from you through the membership form and your use of our facilities. The information we collect may relate to your physical health or condition.
- We use your personal information for the purpose of providing and personalising our membership services and providing you with information about products and services offered by us or our business partners and third parties.